- Made in Mexico by a family-run operation. Brought to you straight from Mom & Pop.
- SIZES ARE TRUE to standard USA Men’s sizes, unlike typical Bajas which often vary widely.
- Super high quality, with unmatched consistency. Photos are 100% accurate.
- Brushed interior for crazy softness. Classic comfort for the beach, the desert, or the mountains, all year long.
- Blend of recycled & virgin fibers. 50% acrylic, 40% polyester, 10% cotton.
Orizaba Original is proud to offer the best Baja Hoodies you can buy, at the low prices you expect. Our hoodies are made in Mexico by a family-run operation, and imported directly to our warehouse in the United States, where they’re stocked and ready to ship worldwide.
Sizes are true to standard USA Men’s sizes, so if you’re a woman please buy one size down. Our male model is 6’2″ and 165 lbs (188 cm/75 kg), wearing a Large, and our female model is 5’7′ and 120 lbs (170cm/55kg), wearing a Small.
We hope you’ll enjoy wearing your new hoodie as much as we do, whether at the beach, in desert, in the mountains, or just lounging at home.
This type of hoodie was first brought home to California by adventurers traveling to find the perfect deserted, warm water surf break on the rugged Pacific coastline of Baja California. From there, the low cost, durability, and exceptional comfort that’s perfect for almost any climate have led Baja Hoodies (or “Drug Rugs” as they often called in jest) to become a staple of various counterculture and subculture fashions worldwide. From surf, skate, snow, and other outdoorsmen crowds to musicians and other artists and creative types, there’s nobody who doesn’t love these hoodies!
Sometimes Baja Hoodies are mistakenly called “ponchos”, which isn’t exactly right because ponchos are a slightly different material, and they don’t have sleeves. In Mexico they typically call this type of sweatshirt a “sudadera de jerga”, referring to the often recycled material, or a “canguro”, referring to the signature front pocket or “kangaroo pouch”. Call it what you want to call it… just make sure you pick the best color!
Orizaba Original. Classic comfort, upgraded style.